Popular Posts

Monday, September 3, 2007

How do i feel?


I dont know what title to give this blog so i chose dat. I've been meaning to do a blog for my sweetest heart Chi, but anytime i try to put something down, i neva bring myself to finish it. I know this is kinda late but i still have goose bumps whenever i rememba u r no more! I still find it hard to believe dat my one and only adopted baby broda is gone! (dont get me wrong, i got a younger bro) but i also got 2 adopted brodas dat i love sooo much!




This is a longggg stori and maybe wont make sense but it all started like a joke, 3 years back...




Me @ home(asaba) someone comes to pay aunt a visit, the truth is i dont know who he is or wat he wants but i help go get aunt and when i get back, i see dis old youngee telling about how i acted homely unlike most gurls my age by helping go get my aunt even though i'd not had my bath n i was witout makeup (guess he later got to learn i'm not a makeup person) well i did all the thank u for the compliment thingy and left o! Only to see same man like 2 days later in front of my place, oya wetin u find come? n he's like i could not take my mind off u so I decided to come pay a visit! (shuo, make una see me see trouble o!) Well i quickly discharged him and that was it for a longgg tyme, later left for the city only for my cuz to call and make noise about AD asking about me anytime he sees her.




To cut the whole stori short, we met someother tyme i came around and dis tyme i got to see his 2 ADORABLE sons! Mehnnn, i would have gone for the elder one if he was my mate but i was like 2 yrs his senior and the younger one became my favourite. They took me as the bigger sis they neva had (got to find out their mum was late n their dad wanted a young step mum for them). i wonder why... The man stopped bugging me when he noticed his kids liked me a whole lot and tried being pals but i dont take to such pretense jare so i just maintained frendship wit my lil bros, we talked about everything, ranging from their lovelife, to skul, then their different weak points n all. I remember when their dad's younger bro sent them new fones n they hid it from their dad cos he was gonna raise hell but showed it to me cos they thot i'll understand... I'm writing this wit tears cos fond memories are haunting me, i later kinda left home for long and we didn't get to see again. Remember when chi called me to talk about his admission into Igbinedion and how he wanted me to be there for his matriculation, i cancelled the trip when i learnt his dad was gonna be there wit their mum's sis cos i didn't want any complications( i sooo wished i had gone, at least i'll have pictures to hold on to), i also remember helping him shop cos he thot i was tush and my taste will suit him(he was 15yrs then) and a whole lot of funny stuffs we all did together. Ok, this post is getting too long but it's for my baby bro so plz dont complain.




It was all like a dream when some months back i got a call from same cuz ( changed my number and made sure i didn't let them have it cos of their dad though i called wit a priv no from time to time) and now she goes like,




Cuz: Manda, we've been searching everywhere for you!




Me: Babes, hope nuthin is the mata o!




Cuz: ermmm, it's kinda serious but i think u shld call AD




Me: wat for? e win lottery?




Cuz: i am not joking jare, beta still call his older son.




Me: now i dont get all this, wat is the MATA?




Cuz: maybe i shld just tell u, chi is dead! Chineke, wat did u just stay, abeg if it's play just stop it o!




Then i drop the fone and wit shaky hands call senior boy, he confirms it n says my baby was poisoned in skul! Can u imagine that? the very famous Igbinedion Uni? i was filled wit greive and rage and i start ranting!




Could not brace myself to go for the burial and didn't even have the mind to call AD! this world is just sooo wicked! how can lil boys just kill their mate like dat! Did not find out wat the issue really was but i bet it must have been a gurl issue (wat else do guys fight for) n he was a medical student so i guess it had to do wit his class peeps too, i wonder wat chemical dey mixed! The skul tried avoiding scandal by lying dat he died a natural death but his dad took him for an autopsy where they got to find out he was poisoned! Maybe dat was why i avoided the burial cos i didn't think i could stand seeing his disected body! The boys involved were later caught and reprimanded but dat's all i got to hear about it.


Why do we live in a wicked world and how do we avoid evil befelling us? I know it is unlike me to write about sorrows n all but i had to pour it out.


I PRAY THAT MY BABY'S SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE! AMEN!!!


41 comments:

princesa said...

Oops am i first?!
Yes i am!

Manda dear, so sorry about ur baby brother Chi.
Its sad that young people die like dat. What even sadder is the culprits were not even punished adequately.

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

Manda said...

Amen my sista...

GERALD said...

I thought I was the firstieeee here..
Oh my God..
Princesa ur a flucked my position..
let me go.. read the story and come back....
ONE---TWO...THREE....I READ

GERALD said...

such a passion.....
Amanda when I read this story...
I feel ur pain deep down in my heart......
But you have got to remain calm and strong in such time...
I am so sorry for u Amanda..
God will make a way where seems to be no way, coz He works his way we can't see...
You know that phrase..
Just stay strong..

Manda said...

Gerald: Thanx a whole lot... i know he will make a way. I just feel for the pple he left behind.

Unknown said...

It is well Mandra, take heart, God is in Control ... and thanks for the comment on my blog.

Manda said...

Tayo: thanx for stopping by too. my name is *Manda*

Unknown said...

i am so sorry manda. Those boys should be thrown in jail. What is that nonsense reprimand. Reprimand ko, reprimand ni!!! :-(

I am so sorry again.... :-(

Anonymous said...

Oh my God sorry about this. Just when you think school is the safest place for your child. God will see you through this. Be Blessed

EDNUTEY said...

If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever...May his soul rest in peace

take care of urself, Manda

Manda said...

Pamela: Thanx my dear, that is the height of injustice o! but u shld know we live in a soceity where money talks! God save us.


Be blessed: Thanx for stopping by.


Sparkle:Thanx for the inspiring words gurl, will NEVER stop loving him!

EDNUTEY said...

u want to send a story for real?

TDVA said...

wow.

TDVA said...

so sorry bout ur friend. in igbinedion again? na wa o! doesnt have to be over a girl. envy is an evil thing.

EDNUTEY said...

alright...sure it's always Anonymous

Manda said...

Sparkle: not always anon, but i bet no one knows it's me( i mean my pple back then).


Teediva: u rite swit, envy could be the cause! i was really suprised such could happen in dat kind of skul. But God knows best.

Unknown said...

Darn too sad...condolences girl..!!

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Oh HELL nO!!! Reprimanded as in they're not in jail right now? What the *bleep*??? Honestly thats just completely and stupidly wrong, whats wrong with Naija? Omg! My dear, abeg take heart o, its just so wrong, but what can one do except pray. It is well, hug!! I think his das shdnt let it go like that o, thats a whole child, not a toy, poisoned for what stupid reason, he shd fight the institution and make sure the idiots responsible go to jail, gosh, now i want to read law, i'm burnt!

Obinwanne said...

manda, i'll first thank you for stopping by, but i really thot i'll be writting this with smile on my face, but this is such a sad story and i cant but say its sad, cos this brings all memories of my late loved ones, but then this is too terrible cos it happens to be a young chap......I pray his gentle soul rest in peace...

+peace out+

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Hey Manda, pls do u have even the faintest idea of what the substance was? Something has to be done!
Am so sorry!

Aijay said...

At Igbinedion?! Did this happen recently?
This is so sad... Sigh*
I don't have the right words to express how I feel.
My heart goes out to you and the rest of his family.

LurLar said...

Na wa oh....delicate world we live in. May his soul rest in peace.

diary of a G said...

so sorry to hear about your younger brother Chi

Its unfortunate this happened to such a good young person and at a university so unfortunate

your pain is felt as much as possible Manda

May his soul rest in peace.

NikkiSab said...

Manda sorry about his death. Its so sad dat people would be so heartless and cruel to take d life of someone. I wish u and d family comfort in knowing that the God who made us is with him and has made him u all's guardian Angel!! RIP Chi!!!

יש (Yosh) said...

God bless the dead...

R U from Delta State?

And in your post, u said, "...i would have gone for the elder one if he was my mate but i was like 2 yrs his senior..."

What is wrong with u dating someone two years younger than u r?

Saw "Enugu" on Oracle's profile and thot I'd hola, maybe when next I'm around there...

Anonymous said...

Amen o, so sorry about ur baby brother. I realy feel ur pain.
To even think of the fact that the culprits werent punished adequately, realy annoys me. ..nonsense!

Hope u'r ok sha, its been a while and i'v sure missed ur blog too.

Atutupoyoyo said...

My thoughts are with you Manda. That kind of loss, particularly such an unjust one, is hard to stomach. Na wa for that Igbinedion o! I have one or two terrible stories to tell about it but that is for another day I think.

Keep your head up

יש (Yosh) said...

I'm from nearby O-Ukwu, go figure! :)

And now u made it clearer. The tone of your writing, sounded like u'd av dated d senior ONLY IF your ages were d same, no?

Jayn Sean said...

Oooh! Manda!

I know we usually laugh things out..but this time around..eish..i'm just so sorry girl..

..donno what to say...

Dammmnn..may his soul R.I.P...

Afrobabe said...

My God, that is truely horrible...How can such a thing happen in school,and to a non cult member...
sorry for your loss darling and may his soul rest in peace...

UnNaked Soul said...

.|.
=

God Peace....

Rinsola said...

Hey luv, sorry 'bout your baby brother. I hope you'r doing much better, may God grant you the strength you need. Take a hug from me.

Unknown said...

AHWWWWWWWWWWWWW that's the saddest thing ever
May his soul rest in perfect peace
It is only God that can judge those ugly murderers

Femme said...

i never know what to say when someone looses a loved one.
hope u are okay.

princesa said...

Hey girl, how do u do??

Miss Opeke said...

What do pipo gain from doing evil??? Nothing!!! Yet they still do it...
>>>
I just pray that God gives you the strength to bear the loss...

diary of a G said...

hey Manda! I know not much can ease
the pain you are feeling, but I just want you to know, you're a great person who just received a little kiss and a BIG Cyber Hug
my condolences to Chi and him family

eddiie said...

Hmmmmm....aha?

La Reine said...

Wow girl. I pray for the peace of mind of all the family and friends.
I cant imagine how people could be so wicked. Take heart girl.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

So so sorry manda. May his soul RIP..

Anonymous said...

U keep telling pple to update but u no fit update abi....weldone!
How's it going?