Popular Posts

Friday, August 24, 2007

O.............. Dental Clinic.

Registration: 1,500

Examination: 1,500

Cleaning: 7,000

AF7/9(refill): 25,000

Extraction: 25,000

Root Canal: 30,000

Total: 90,000 Naira.


Me: warrahell is dat? my bill? for wat now? all i wanted was to extract one tooth n refil the other! Now u come up wit all dis gist about root canal and 2 more refills!

Doc: Mem, we just gave u a good price, we already gave u some discount cos we know.........

(thots)Mmmmmh, this is just sooo outrageous!

Me: Ok, i'll see how it goes, (meanwjile, it's not like i'm d one paying o!)

Doc: so when are u coming to commence treatment so we can book u down.

Me: which treatment? (my thots) i would have just saved myself all these stress n shakara by going to Randle clinic o! by now i'll just pay like 5k and come out feeling fresh.

(to the doc) i'll leave it for later this week, that's when i make up my mind o!

Doc: I know u're scared of the treatment madam, it's same wit most of our patients (my thots) who tell u say i fear treatment na the money i fear jare!

Doc: we'll leave it for thursday, but u gotta pick a tyme urself. If u come in the morning, u'll meet doc A but if u come later in the day, i'll attend to u. so which do u want? ( my thots)yea, i already noticed u enjoy my being a chatterbox.


Me: (kinda feeln flirty) imma leave it for later, will rather have u see my ugly teeth. "chuckling" (i drink sef?)

Doc: Great then, (turns to the receptionist) the bill (back to me) plz give dis to ...............

Me: why wont u guys just pass it down, do i have to carry the bad news around myself? well, i reluctantly delivered the message and the instruction from .... is commence treatment ASAP. (if i asked for that money for personal use, i'm very sure i wouldn't have gotten it that easy o, now this ole buruku will chop it alone)


On thursday: i kinda feel exicted and dress to kill, leave the office at about 3pm so i can meet my 4pm appointment.

Doc: are u not glad to see me?

Me: in ur wildest dreams! (can someone plz tell this rubba that i got a bobo!)heheheheheeeeehehe....


They do the cleaning and brushing and all wat not( to be sincere it felt good o) Then they book me for next week tuesday, same time(which means same doctor), well i wont dress to kill again o, cos i narrowly escaped getting stained wit all the plenti washing water.lol

On my way out,(receptionist) sori ma, the doctor wants to have a word wit u. (me feeling like, o! he wants to say it now, i know u like me)

Doc: i'm soo sorry but i forgot to add dis to the invoice i gave u, i smile thinking it's another discount.

Me: looks at the invoice, 40 wat?

Doc: this is supposed to be for the crown filling but i forgot to include it,my bad! This sums the bill up to 130k.

Una dey crase, abeg berra send the message down urself o! i no go again! hissssssssssssssssssssssss.


PS: ermmmm, my tooth is still shinning o! i have refused to eat any oily food since yesterday and i'm seriously looking for anyone dat's got a toothpaste advert to offer.


Abeg o! are these guys not ripoffs?

37 comments:

EDNUTEY said...

FIRST!!!

EDNUTEY said...

hehehhe, na so I just go check wetin do my ear o, na $150 I pay on the spot, dem no treat me at all o....yeye ppl
I go be one of dem someday...Hopefully I get to treat u...chop all ur money

abeg ur teeth no white reach mine!
chei..dem no et smiley face here, I for don show u my own

EDNUTEY said...

I just saw ur comment...I go update now

Manda said...

$150 for nuttin? i no go gree o! i MUST collect my money back!

U will be a cardiologist and no be my heart u go work on!lol... ermm, i go try find customers for u though.


Abeg update jare, we don tire to dey wait!

EDNUTEY said...

I don update o

dem con ask me make I come back for follow up...another $150..na so I borrow leg rum for my life

Manda said...

hahahahahahaa! wereh!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

So, the doctor smiled and complimented you and then jacked up the bill? And they say lawyers are rip offs?

Femme said...

hahaha! Good for u. flirting with doctor for discount. hehehe.
will come back when i stop laughing. discount ko!

Zahratique said...

130,000!!!!! For da Dentist! That's way too much! That's how much i pay to remove five teeth!!! Anyways, nice to know that u feel good with your shining teeth... Lol, da doc wasnt even ashamed to add 40k...maybe u r paying him for his "charming" company...

bllk wolf said...

hmmmm!!!
(raises eyebrow)
u never did tell us something
....the guy na FINE BOY
(winks) abi!!!!
no lie ooh!!!!.....
e get something wey i wan talk,
but no bi today i go talk am before the women here gather BEAT me...
(tip toes to the door)
by the way why pay so much
i get PLIER, FILE and CHISEL for house,
and my service is REASONABLY priced..
i may not have a neon signboard, but the 99 yr old greatgranny 4 villa is a living testament(GAP) to my ability.!!!.

Sam Oracle said...

The experience of the dental clinic is not pleasant.

Jayn Sean said...

And how much are you gon rip me off for not coming here in a very long time?..lol..jokin'...the ripoffs are everywhere..right now one Naija guy is milkin' me dry for doin' my hair...if it wasn't for the fact that his hands works wonders with my head..i was gon run as fast away from him as i could.
But...do we have a choice?...how's your tooth now?

Unknown said...

haba!

Admin UD said...

Sorry ooo, good thing you fashied their side. It's naija na, everybody want to get rich or die tryn..hehe

Manda said...

my sista, i just realised it is DENTAL doctors o! well, afta this one, no more for him now!



femme: ehen? so u r laughing at me now? laff n come console me o!lol



Zarahtique: abi he should be paying me for being a chatterbox! shameless doctor! lmao

Manda said...

bllk wolf! yeye u! no be only plier and chisel, u forget cutlass and shovel! see u, abwg u berra bring ur own contributtion so i go take complete the payment. wait o! come to think of it, the guy no fine sef, ermmmm.. e been fine small but i don disqualify am.hehheheheee



oracle: i am not thru yet o! so plz dont give me da cold feet!


jaybabe: so u finally remembered the road to my house ehn? wait till i give u ur bill first! Babe, i pay anything just to get my hair done here, dat's another stori all together! Now i know why u got a stalker at ur back. shine on gurl!




olamild! my sista, e tire me!



Ugo: Fashied threir side ke? have u ever had tooth ache? maybe not! cuz dat's d only way u'll understand when u gat to do things outta desperation! i am just ranting jare!

Aijay said...

OMG, I can't stop laughing. You were lamenting about the initial 90k only to hear him mention an additional 40k.
I would have given anything to see the look on your face. lol....
Not to worry, at least the pay isn't coming from your pocket.

Unknown said...

Come oo...you sure say this dentist no follow the arm robbers wey operate around your side last week...
This is friggin' day light robbery..!!!

princesa said...

Warahell!!!

Rip off!!!

O gal u no see road go Apapa Health Center?!?!

130 grand wey person for take do better thing na im u just dash them like dat, eh?

The thing dey pain me o!but nne ur teeth get plenti problem sha:
Cleaning, Refilling, Extraction, Root canal....

Maybe them for charge u more sef,lol.

I ope say u still get money to buy my birthday gift o!

princesa said...

I Updated o!

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Shoo, thats really expensive. They did a lot sha.

diary of a G said...

I swear to god, that must be a trick these dentists learn in school cos they did the same thing to my

that whole thing about forgetting to add the invoice for the crown, in my case it was a filling tho

I know it sucks paying that money
and so does the dentist
that's why they take advantage

I had two root canals before
did you have to pay for pain killers and antibiotics too

Jayn Sean said...

Du want to know how many times i been to this page? this is the nth time. I'm checkin' updates oo! So abeg..next time i pass by, i wan find somethin'.

I saw you lookin' for me at Sparkle's page. Why don't you just admit to the world that you miss me when i aint around ehh?...mxem!...but i miss you too girl.

Pliz UPDATE!!

Manda said...

AIJAY, IT IS NOT BUT IT'S STILL SOO PAINFUL!


Obi: No worry, i go give u the name of the klinik so u go try am out n see wat i saw.lol



Princesa: ermmm, burfdei gift? o! e don reach o! chei, i dey turoble o! God is my strenght! babe, i no see Apapa clinic o, i only know about Randle n them say i fit contact Hiv there(cos it's a govt owned klinik or so).lmao....

Meanwhile, it is shakara dat took me to the klinik cos i just got 2 bad teeth, one need refill, the other need extract. All those jargons, i no understnad at all!

Manda said...

Omo sexy: did a lot ke? all i have done now is cleaning o! although i have another apointment wit them today, let's see how it goes though.



Omo G: mehnn, i'm not giving those tifs a penny more! i've not really started the treatment (cos they say they r gradually introducing me to dentistry) watever dat means! But i bet u i'll put up a scene if they ever ask me for anything more.



Jaybabe: Now she is begging me to update, when u abandoned my page u did not remember o! and for the records, I WAS NOT MISSING U! small lie.lol.... I missed u PLENTIIIIII. Satisfied?

classybabe said...

I don't know much about dentist fees' but that sounds like much oh.I will be wary about Randle clinic oh

Manda said...

Classybabe: ermmm, it's not like anyone got infected o! but ...... is just soo skeptical about very cheap health centres.

princesa said...

lol @ catching aids at Randle clinic.

Ol gal i comot 2 teeth for Apapa health center and i still dey kampe ,lol.

Oh well i admit it was over 15 years ago and then aids neve dye rampant sha.

I think it cost less than 50 naira then.

That ur song on my recent post was tew tew funny!

Manda said...

lol... Na my cuz teash me.

eddiie said...

..thanks for dropping by my blog...always a beauty...and will look forward to seeing you..

Nice blog you have..and BTW that amount is hell....

Rinsola said...

All for the teeth? okay o, it is worth ur smile sha

Manda said...

Eddiie, thanx for retaliating.lmao


Rinsola: Mwahhhhzzzz Gurl...

GERALD said...

Is that clinic so expensive? why not try Public Hospitals in Nigeria..
Are they not also effective like it is in Uganda here?..

eddiie said...

PS: ermmmm, my tooth is still shinning o! i have refused to eat any oily food since yesterday and i'm seriously looking for anyone dat's got a toothpaste advert to offer........

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......could i make suggesttions?...LOL

Manda said...

Gerald: They sure are...



i need good suggestions o!lol

Atutupoyoyo said...

Men that shit is expensive o. Just had a filling done for 100 pounds!! What gives?

I knew I chose the wrong profession

Manda said...

atutupoyoyo: My broda not just u o! I think i need to go back n study dentistry! Ur refill was even more expensive than mine sef. God help us!