Popular Posts

Thursday, July 12, 2007

IS PRUDENT SAME THING AS MEAN?(pt1)

i had a hella of a day today, and the most annoying part was it was an impromptu assignment so i had to take my battered self all thru tha ordeal! I had dis lil talk with my boss yesterday about one of our branch offices in TRADE FAIR COMPLEX (have neva been there b4 today) and i saw keeping the outlet as a useless assest cos we got lil or no money coming from it and we also got distributors all over. (remember i work wit a biscuit company) Now my boss who always thinks i'm an efficient worker *grin* promises to do something about the outlet and i joyfully go home thinking i just crossed one stress off my list. (it's not like the workers there where gonna be retrenched, all they had to do was move down to main office or go to another CLOSER branch).

Now i get to work dis mornign and hear the shocker of my life, BOSS WANTS ME TO GO AUDIT THE OFFICE AND SEE IF IT'S WORTH CLOSING DOWN. This wipes the smile off my face cos from wat i hear, it's like travelling to another town, ( for those of u familiar with lagos, i work in Ikeja and Tradefair is wayyy off my route!) Ok, i whine and grumble and reluctantly agreed to go, not like i had a choice though! But the only consolation was i had someone to take me there and bring me back. The JOURNEY going down was not as stressful as i thought, at least from the stories i was told, i just spent like 1hr:15mins going and then the DRAMA started.

Part of my work here is taking care of anything involving sales but that excludes distributors (Thank God) and i have gotten used to being called all sorts of names like MEANY, WICKED, HEARTLESS and all sorts and the truth is, i am more or less the most friendly worker we got around(not trying to praise me) but my second name is smile and i do dat alot, but pple still get the wrong impression about me cos i just try to do my work!

Now i go check the stock, and dat includes all thier records and notice some funny dealings there. ( this is like the 3rd time we are gonna handle fraud in this particular branch) and then i smile on and finally confirm that there is really something going on here. I confront the lady in charge and she mumbles smtn about trying to sort out watever is wrong * thank God she didn't call me dumb* then i tell her to get back to me and leave cos i had it in mind dat i had a longggg journey ahead of me. Well she calls like 30mins after i leave and start tha cock and bull story about making a mistake and all dat and i judt tell her ok, i'll sort it out. I know she's lying and tryong to save her head but i also have a report to send backk to my boss and there my problem lies. I already got this bad reputation about being too prudent and never letting go although i try to sort out minor problems on my own, and young lady wants me to cover her up so boss does not get to confront her mishaps and my question is, WHAT DO I DO? wat i have inmind is telling boss wat i noticed although i'll make it sound light and save my company the stress of dealing wit a fraud but dat will make me earn one more enemy! and the other option is keeping it to myself and hoping they get to pay for the missing stock and dat makes me an accomplice! Times like dis i get real tired of the job i do but wat do u guys advice me to do.



This is actually meant to be longer than this but i'm sooo tired and need to go soak myself in a worm bath! Wil go round all da blogd tomoro. Promise! Missed yall!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...Eze nwanyi, abeg just tell the woman to settle you ya own share...!!
Seriously sha...if it was me..I'd call the woman aside..and taking care not to directly accuse her, I'd simply say that it would look better if her books were more streamlined than they are. Like they would do to tellers with shortages in banks...she should pay for the difference from her pocket..!!

diary of a G said...

diary of a g was here
but he ain't reading until the weekend
tired oh, I told you work, work
did I forget to mention more work
I'll be zzzzzzzzzzzzzing

Unknown said...

GIRL,
PRUDENT IS DEFINITELY NOT THE SAME THING AS MEAN? - ANSWER TO THE FIRST QUESTION.

EZENWANYI - THERE ARE MANY THINGS THAT ARE NOT UNDERSTOOD. AFRICA HAS A VERY SPIRITUAL REALM.

ANYHOOS,
I JUST DROPPED BY TO TELL YOU OF A COMPETITION THAT WILL BE RUNNING ON THE AFRICAN LOFT.

WWW.AFRICANLOFT.COM

PLS, JOIN THE INITIATIVE AND SPREAD THE WORD AROUND....

THANK YOU
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

princesa said...

Eh ya! Dilemma of a naija chic!
No wahala sha,if na me, i will do the right thing and tell my boss whats up cos thats why he sent me there.
He trusts you and you shouldnt let him down.
Ol gal, u were lucky to pass that route(badagry expressway) and come back on time. Its a crazy place.
Check my post out on that.

princesa said...

And no,prudence aint the same thing as being mean.
Prudence is a virtue
Meaness is a vice.

Admin UD said...

It's definitely not the same. There are poles apart, if not miles. You gotta do what you gotta do, even if you step on toes while executing them. You can't please everybody at once. Just take it easy on your self and have fun.

Do have a lovely weekend ;)

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Prudence is soooo not meaness.. lol @ Obi! What a job you've got, but someone has to do it.. My dear, do your job That's what you're paid to do abi? Sorry if I sound mean, but that's the truth o... if he later finds out you covered up, it will make you out as a biased person, no sense of good judgement, bla bla, bla... Anyway, have a nice weekend girl!

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Hmmmm girl, tough situation i know. You're an auditor and work ethics come into play you know. You dont want to lose your bosses respect, 'cause if he finds out later, thats what will happen. People need to learn that if they make dumb decisions, then they should be prepared to take responsibility for their actions. Anyways, dont stress too much...have a nice weekend.

...toyintomato said...

girl,no way, does prudence =mean.
girl , you are where you are because you will have to make tough decisions thats life..
..dont worry yourself.what has to be has to be done. end of story.
have a great weekend

diary of a G said...

be prudence not mean
a tough situation indeed
but like you said why become an accomplice

you know that saying?:
in due time...well her time has come...to pay

handle ya business

EDNUTEY said...

person wey talk dat one...make u direct am to
www.dictionary.com
Prudent is so not the same thing as Mean

pls, u really don't want to lose ur boss' trust...and u know trust is not grant...it is earned...u have ur boss' trust, u don't want that to go away...so just tell him what u saw, well don't make a big deal out of it, just be honest.

Manda said...

Thanx all, weekend has been crazi!!!! a wholeee lot of stress ( same thing dat made me miss Obi's bday) grrrrrrrrrh! ermmm, imma come back later to reply all comments and update. Love uuuuuu

An-Igbo-Dude said...

i doubt if they r the same sha o.
i dont envy ur job anyway. its what we face once in a while and it aint funny. in my own job, sometimes i have to come up with ideas and make decisions that can lead to hundreds or thousands loosing their jobs. i hate it but i have to do it. if i had my way i wont normally do it, but our clients come for results and we must perform

Manda said...

mmmh, i am just reading dis blog again and noticing a lot of typos! Guess i was really tired then.

Obi:- she was involved in a fraud worth 275k and she payed like 50k from her salary b4 my boss wrote it off for her. Wat do u have to say about dat?


Omo G:- Pele my broda


Pamela:- will definitely help spread the initiative! My name is not eze nwanyi o! n u're rite, Africa is full of mysteries.



Princess:- my sista, my back was aching like HELL! i wont venture dat route again o! although it cannot be avoided cos dat's where my boss is moving our mother factory to. I pray i dont have to work there o!


Mr Smile:- weekend was good, hope urs was too! Yea, i dont really mind but i'm not comfy working in an unfriendly environ and dat'

Manda said...

Nyemoni:- My weekend was good gurl, my boss will raise hell if he knows i hid smtn like dat from him! i dont really think hiding dat is an option o!

Omosewa:- The last thing i wanna hear now is stress! Cos if i hear it one more time, i'll collapse.lol (for real). Thanx for the advice gurl. Hope ur weekend was good.


toyintomato:- Thank You sooo much sweet! soo good to know u guys feel me on this.


Omo G:- Dat's exactly wat i'm doing!




Sparkle:- Dat's exactly wat i did, will feel u guys in on wat happened after dat.





Obinna:- U're a consultant rite? Na wa! I try as much as i can to avoid pple loosing thier jobs and i always pay dearly for it! I dont want to lose my job trying to save a head dat does not want to be saved o!

princesa said...

Madam! How far?? U been MIA o!

diary of a G said...

whats new puccy-cat? wooowowoo
how was ur weekend?

Manda said...

P:- I'm back dear, and it's paining me i've been away o!


Omo G:- Is dat my new pet name? kinda like it.lol... Weekend was stresssssssful, rather not talk about it.urghhhh